Experience for yourself a life-changing international mission trip to El Salvador, in partnership with Compassion International, on Monday, March 6 through Friday, March 10, 2017.
Here are the details you need to know:
- While in El Salvador, we’ll be working with the Child Survival Program that Waters Edge Church sponsors. The trip will consist of multiple “home visits,” providing programming and fun activities for the program children, and a work project to assist those in need.
- Trip participation is limited to 35 people. Students, ages 13-17, must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.Participants are being selected via a lottery system and will be notified via email by Monday, October 31.
- The estimated cost per person will be $1,775 and includes: airline tickets, accommodations, food & beverages in El Salvador, transportation, trip insurance, background check, and activities. It does not include immunizations, passport fees, extra baggage fees, meals while traveling, or expenses for meeting you sponsored child. A $300 deposit check payable to Waters Edge Church, is required before 11.17.16. Final payment will be due by 1.10.16. Applicants should be able to self-fund this trip, as fundraisers will not be planned.
- If you have a sponsored child through Compassion International that lives in El Salvador, they will bring your child and their parent to you if you would like. Depending on how far they have to travel, the cost could vary between $40-$400.
- There will be 4 required meetings and 1 highly recommended dinner. You must be able to attend all of the meetings in order to participate in this trip.
- Thursday, November 3 – Get To Know You Dinner
- Tuesday, November 15 – Meeting #1
- Thursday, January 5 – Meeting #2
- Tuesday, February 7 – Meeting #3
- Monday, February 20 – Meeting #4