FACILITIES MANAGER POSITION
Waters Edge Church, Virginia is currently looking for a new full-time staff member to join our team in the position of Facilities Manager. If you’re a natural born leader with previous management and maintenance experience and would love to be part of a dynamic, innovative team shaping the future of a fast growing church, this position might be for you!
Desired Skills: Are You…
· Passionate about helping people know God and experience authentic life change?
· Full of energy, possessing an infinite amount of moxie to get the job done?
· A self-starter able to complete projects with minimal supervision?
· Able to communicate exceptionally well, in both oral and written forms?
· A leader among peers, with the ability to motivate and inspire others to excellence?
· Extremely adept at managing your time?
· Loyal, dedicated, and able to commit long-term to the vision, strategy, and values of Lead Pastor Stu Hodges and Waters Edge Church?
· Detail-oriented and able to critically analyze processes and procedures?
· A team player, no matter what?
· A person who takes pride in excellence and is always willing to go the extra mile?
· In love with the local church and passionate about making sure people enjoy the absolute best experience they can with God when they attend a WEC service or event?
· Support the ministry goals of Waters Edge Church through the application of expertise primarily in areas including custodial care and maintenance, grounds, building operations, and mechanical systems
· Develop and oversee a team of volunteers to serve in maintenance
· Assist and oversee the coordination of church projects done with volunteers or contracted professionals
· Contact applicable outside vendors to facilitate repairs, ensuring competitive and fair pricing
· Work with other personnel and/or volunteers in proper set up and tear down for church events, which may include some evenings and weekend hours, and on occasion, more than 40 hours a week
· Coordinate the maintenance of plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems including minor repairs and coordination of volunteer or outside vendors for major repairs or replacements
· Oversee and manage IT systems
· Ensure compliance and implementation of facility policies put in place by leadership
· Organize and retain maintenance records for the building, vendors and volunteers
· Maintain clean facilities, and attractive grounds for all campuses
· Have knowledge of building maintenance, general carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and custodial skill
· Work under the leadership of the Executive Director of Operations
· Be required to work all Christmas Eve and Easter services, some weekend worship experiences, and all other events outside of normal working hours
· Be expected to be a team player working alongside other fun, vibrant, and creative staff members.
If you’re convinced you’re the right person for the job, we’d love to meet you! To apply and submit your resume, please visit watersedgechurch.net/jobs. No phone calls please.